I made it a mission to turn my Sundays into pancake Sundays. And until recently, I didn’t know how to make vegan pancakes, can you believe it? 🙁 I tried it once a few years ago (missing some key ingredients!) and it was a sticky mess. Literally. They stuck to the pan, burned and tasted like mud. Ok, slight exaggeration, but it was a disaster.
Fear no more! I have discovered the secret to perfect vegan pancakes.
The rules are these:
- 1 part solid ingredients (flour/s of different kinds)
- 1 part liquid ingredients (plant based milk)
- binding agents (1 banana and/or ground flaxseeds)
- raising agents (bicarbonate of soda and baking powder)
- flavour (cinnamon/vanilla/
- sweetness (brown sugar/maple syrup) – optional
- fats (coconut oil) – optional
Mix all into a rather thick batter and ONLY use a non-stick pan. (no oil required)
Here’s my favourite recipe:
- 200g flour (I make my own vegan pancake mix with wheat flour, almond flour, bran out and rice protein)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 big(ish) banana)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until it turns into a thick, smooth batter.
- Pour it straight from the blender jug into the pan, one by one (whatever size you want).
- Flip when they form lots of bubbles on the surface.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
Enjoy and tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Subscribe below if you’d like to receive weekly recipes and ideas from me!