You heard it in the title, this dish is full of goodness and plant-based power.
Perhaps one of the most popular Italian dishes, green pesto packs so much flavour through the use of basil – my all time favourite herb. To name just a few of the amazing health benefits of basil, it is full of antioxidants, has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, can help prevent cancer and heart disease. Did I mention it tastes and smells fantastic? 🙂
This is a 15-min recipe with few, but punchy ingredients. Here’s how it goes:
Ingredients (makes 3-4 portions)
- 1 pack of Orwell Health organic green soybean pasta
- 2 tightly packed handfuls of fresh basil
- 75g pine nuts
- 1 handful of soaked cashews (at least 30-60 mins in hot water)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 30-50ml olive oil (or as much as you need to incorporate all the ingredients into a paste)
- Fresh lemon thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the pack
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth paste is formed
- Drain the pasta and mix with the pesto.
Serve with fresh basil on top and a side of green veggies (broccoli, wilted spinach, green courgettes, etc) for a top up of goodness.