It may seem like a mysterious process that only the most versed plant-eaters can master, but making your own nut milk at home is easier than making toast. Uhm, I couldn’t find a better comparison, we’ll have to stick to this one.
What do you need?
- A blender
- 1 cup pre-soaked almonds (150g-160g) – soaked over night or for at least 6h
- 3 cups Filtered water
- pinch of cinnamon, 2 cardamom pods, 1/2 tsp vanilla (all optional)
- A fine strainer or a cheese cloth, or even a tea towel
- Put all ingredients in the blender
- Blend until white and foamy (1 minute at least)
- Strain and store
Did I not tell you it’s the easiest freakin’ thing? But I haven’t mentioned it’s 10 times more delicious and creamy than anything on the market. Word! This method works for any nuts or seeds you want to use: cashews, hazelnuts, pumpkin, etc.